Monday 5 January 2015

A Terrible Weigh In and a Winter Warmer


Today was my first weigh in since the start of December and I was not surprised to see that I had gained a whopping 7lbs! Yep, you read that right, SEVEN POUNDS! 

While I was expecting a gain, I am already feeling annoyed at myself for going too far. I know I shouldn't have accepted the second helping of my Nan's trifle. I know didn't have to help finish the box of sweets or drink quite so much Prosecco. But I did. To make things worse, I didn't even attempt any form of exercise. Although I don't regret the time I spent eat and drinking with my family and friends, I do regret just how far I took it.

Still, there is no point worrying over the what has been, the best thing I can do now is focus on moving forward. One of the people I follow on Instagram posted a 27 week countdown and now my ultimate goal is for a 2lb loss per week as that would have me at my dream target weight by the summer!

If like me, you over indulged over Christmas, you may be finding it a little difficult to get back into the groove with eating healthier things. I found a great soup recipe that, although is 4 Weight Watchers Pro Points per serving, will leave you feeling satisfied and stopped me reaching for the biscuits or left over chocolates.

Peanut and Carrot Soup.


Ingredients:
2 Carrots, finely grated
2 Tomatoes, Chopped
1 Onion, Chopped
1tsp Ginger
1/2 Cup of Peanut butter. 
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Almond Milk
2 Cloves of Garlic (optional)
Salt and Pepper, added to taste.

Heat a saucepan with oil (I used Fry light), add onions, garlic (optional, I didn't, but only because I didn't have any in the cupboard) and ginger. Cook until the onions have softened.

Add the peanut butter and the tomatoes and  stir until all the ingredients are combined. Grate in the carrots, stir in and cook for a minute. 

 Add in water, Almond Milk. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let the soup cook for 10 minutes.
Let the soup cool slightly then blend until smooth. 
Divide into portions (I got 3 250ml servings from this recipe.) and you're ready to enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment