Monday 5 January 2015

Exploring Palma

Part of my work involves an Annual Conference where all key people in the industry get together to make decisions and discuss the future. Each year the entire office moves to a hotel somewhere in the world for a week-long event. This year’s event was Palma, Mallorca.

We are very fortunate that, if you want, you are able to take holiday after the conference to explore the local area. I’ve been to Palma before so wasn’t too fussed about spending a long break after conference there, especially as it isn't overly warm in November. However, my brother quite often works out there so I decided I would take a later flight and pay him a visit But in an interesting turn of events, my brother had to go to the USA while I was there so I found myself with some free time.

Friday I moved hotels, the one we were staying in for conference was a little over my budget! Instead found a perfect little hotel/hostel nearby. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. It was in a great location close to the old town but tucked away from the main road so was nice and quiet. The whole place was pretty basic but spotless, although a little rough around the edges all rooms have en suite bathrooms and free wifi, the bed that I had had a memory foam mattress ( I seriously need one of those at home!) and it even had a swimming pool! I paid €35 for one night and it was worth every penny! 

My room for the night

After a quick power nap I headed out to explore. As I had been there before I had a rough idea on the places to go so I set about walking to the old town to have a look at the shops.

It is safe to say that I smashed my 10 thousand step target for the day!

I'd say that if you are planning a visit to Mallorca then definitely pay a visit to the Old Town if you can, its quite charming and it makes such a change from the tourist resorts which are all too common in Europe. If you have a spare evening you HAVE to visit Abaco. Its the coolest bar, drinks are a little pricey so you may want to stay for just one drink but trust me it is SO worth it. From the outside its quite hard to spot but inside its a bar in a 17th century mansion and they fill the place with fresh flowers and fruit. you can find out more about it here.
 The Menu in Abaco
 Our drinks, pricey, but worth every penny.

 Inside the bar
 Palma Old Town
 Palma Old Town
The view on my walk 

No comments:

Post a Comment